Debnath Mookherjee Excellence in Teaching Award
The Debnath Mookherjee Excellence in Teaching Award is an endowed Huxley College award established by the former students and colleagues of Professor Mookherjee upon his retirement in 2014 after more than fifty years at Western. The award is given each year to the Huxley College faculty member who best exemplifies the excellence in teaching demonstrated by Dr. Mookherjee throughout his career. The award includes $1,000 that the awardee may use to support their teaching, research, and outreach programs.
To donate online to the fund in Dr. Mookherjee's honor, please visit the Western Foundation's online pledge form.
Each spring, the dean sends out an email to the faculty/staff listserv requesting the following information:
- Name of Faculty Nominee
- Nomination Statement/Letter of Recommendation (approx. 1-2 pages in length)
- Your Name and indicate whether you are: 1) Current Student, 2) Alumni, 3) Faculty, or 4) Staff.
- Send nominations to the Huxley College Dean, Steve Hollenhorst, at email@example.com
Criteria and Procedures for Selection
- All tenure-track and non-tenure track Huxley faculty who have taught courses in the college in the past year.
- Nominations may be made by current students, alumni, WWU faculty or staff members.
- A faculty member may receive the award only once.
- Only the names of award recipient will be announced. Names of nominees will not be published.