EIA Reports: STUDENT/FACULTY Instructions
Huxley College of the Environment now requires EIA Reports to be submitted in a digital (.pdf) format. EIA documents are posted on Wilson Library’s web server. Students are required to create a digital signature page to be included in the .pdf file, as outlined below. For additional information, please read "Creating .PDF files of Academic Works (Including Signatures)."
Student/Faculty Steps for EIA REPORTS
- Students complete their EIA project (with faculty advisement)
- Students complete their written EIA Report
- Students fill out and print a Digital Release/Signature Page
- All students sign Digital Release/Signature Page
- Faculty signs Digital Release/Signature Page
- Students scan signed Digital Release/Signature Page
- Students add scanned Digital Release/Signature Page (as a graphic) as a page of their EIA Report. The page should be placed at the beginning of the document right after the cover sheet and/or title page, and does not need to be included in the table of contents
- Students convert the entire document to a .pdf file
e.g. 2009_KingMt or 2010_UGA_boundary
- Students deliver digital .pdf file (with scanned signature page) to Faculty member
- Faculty reads/approves/accepts EIA Report
- Instructor transfers .pdf files to Wilson Library’s folder on the P:/ drive*:
- Instructor sends email to Wilson Library staff to notify them once all EIA reports for a given quarter are ready to post online.
Peter Smith 650-3175 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristine Rex 650-4083 email@example.com
- Wilson Library staff renames files as need be and posts to web
Once posted, the EIA’s will be part of the Huxley College Collection (which is part of their Content Digital Management) and should be searchable via Wilson’s online catalog. The Huxley College Collection can be found at http://content.wwu.edu/cdm4/index_hcc.php?CISOROOT=/hcc.
*NOTE: Currently Troy Abel, Leo Bodensteiner, and Jean Melious are the only faculty with permission to copy to the P:/LIBRARY/library_theses/Huxley Papers folder. If other faculty are teaching the EIA class, they will need to contact Wilson Library to be added to this list.