The following list of courses are available for free to full time students and staff of WWU. Many courses are offered by ESRI free of charge* to the general public. Other courses require an access code (obtained from Stefan; you may request up to three courses at one time). See NOTES on the using the Virtual Campus (for WWU students and staff) for more information.
Courses Available: See the ESRI Course List for the full list and course details. Below are a few of the more common courses:
- Basics of Python (for ArcGIS 10)
- Cartographic Design Using ArcGIS 9
- Creating and Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS Online
- Learning ArcGIS 3D Analyst
- Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 10) (this is probably the FIRST course you should take if you are new to GIS...)
- Learning ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
- Network Analysis Using ArcGIS
- Python Scripting for Geoprocessing Workflows
- Working with Rasters in ArcGIS Desktop
ESRI Free Courses
Many of the ESRI Virtual Campus courses are offered free of charge. For these, you do not need to get an access code from Stefan, but can simply go directly to the Virtual Campus Course Catalog. Click on the Free Training link.
Note that some of the other courses (which WWU does not have free access to) also offer the first module for free.