The following list of courses are available for free to full time students and staff of WWU. Many courses are offered by ESRI free of charge* to the general public. Other courses require an access code (obtained from Stefan; you may request up to three courses at one time). See NOTES on the using the Virtual Campus (for WWU students and staff) for more information.
See the full ESRI Course List for course details. Below are a few of the more common courses:
- Basics of Python (for ArcGIS 10)
- Building Models for GIS Analysis Using ArcGIS
Cartographic Design Using ArcGIS 9(No longer available)
- Creating and Sharing GIS Content Using ArcGIS Online
- Finding Geographic Data Using ArcGIS
Learning ArcGIS Desktop (for ArcGIS 10)(No longer available)
- Map Design Fundamentals
- Network Analysis Using ArcGIS
- Planning a Cartography Project
- Python Scripting for Geoprocessing Workflows
- Referencing Data to Real-World Locations Using ArcGIS
- Solving Spatial Problems Using ArcGIS
ESRI Free Courses
Many of the ESRI Virtual Campus courses are offered free of charge. For these, you do not need to get an access code from Stefan, but can simply go directly to the Virtual Campus Course Catalog. Click on the Free Training link.
Note that some of the other courses (which WWU does not have free access to) also offer the first module for free.
Below are a few of the Free Courses that might be of interest:
- Basics of Geographic Coordinate Systems
- Creating Map Books Using Data Driven Pages
- Getting Started with GIS
- Python for Everyone
- Telling Your Story with ESRI Story Maps