Graduate Programs

WWU's Huxley College offers Master of Science degrees in Environmental Science and in Environmental Science, Marine & Estuarine Science; a Master of Arts degree in Environmental Studies; and a Master's of Education in Environmental Education. Normally, a student chooses one of these options and, with the help of a faculty adviser, designs an individual Plan of Study. This plan is built on Huxley College courses and, when appropriate, courses from other departments. Huxley's M.S. programs require a thesis, while the M.A. and M.Ed. have a thesis or field project option.

If you have any questions in regards to Master's Degree Programs or Master's Certificates and would like to chat, please schedule a meeting with Ed Weber: .

General Information

Application Information

Graduate Tuition & Fees

Huxley Graduate Faculty

Huxley Graduate Courses

Examples of Student Work

Graduate Research & Writing Studio

Post-Graduate Employment

Huxley Graduate Student Facebook Page

Financial Assistance

Teaching assistantships (TAs) are available on a competitive basis and provide stipends up to $4,550/qtr (As of Fall 2020) and a full or partial tuition waiver.

Research assistantships (RAs) are available through individual faculty members. Stipends are similar to those for TAs and may provide tuition waivers. Students need to contact faculty directly when inquiring about RAs.

Graduate Work-Study, in addition to other forms of financial aid, are available by submitting an application to Student Financial Resources ((360)650-3470).

Funding for graduate research is often available, as is funding for travel to present papers at professional meetings.

Diversity at Western

Students from many diverse backgrounds enhance the Graduate Student experience at Western Washington University. Western's leadership is extremely committed to providing an education that meets the needs/goals of our ever-changing demographics.