Huxley College of the Environment requires all Internship Reports be submitted in a digital (.pdf) format. This report will be attached to the Huxley Internship Report Approval ESIGN Form which will be submitted to your faculty internship advisor.
Completed reports are available on the Huxley Internship Report server (accessible to Western students, faculty and staff only).
The Internship Report should be similar to a Thesis in style and format, however it can be less formal. It should thoroughly address your learning objectives you indicated on your learning agreement and any other requirements your faculty advisor requested.
Student/Faculty Steps for Internship Reports
- Student reviews Huxley College Internship Contract (with Faculty advisor)
- Report should adequately address the learning objectives that you agreed on at the start of your internship
- Student completes written Internship Report (with Faculty advising)
- The first page of your report must be your Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page (Word Version)
- The TITLE of the report should include the name of the Agency with whom the Internship was conducted, if applicable
- Internship DATES refers to the dates when the Internship was completed (not when the report is submitted or credit is received). For work spanning multiple quarters/years, include the full range of dates)
- Student signs Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page. Scan and attach as the first page of your report.
- Student saves the entire document as a .pdf file
- Naming convention: Year_Student’sLastName_Agency/location_Topic (e.g. 2009_Einstein_DOE_UnifiedTheory or 2010_Thoreau_WaldonPond_SimpleLiving)
- Student attaches the digital .pdf file (with signed cover page) and sends to the instructor using the Huxley Internship Report Approval ESIGN Form
- Instructor reads/approves/accepts final Internship Report
- When instructor accepts the report in completion, they will send the ESIGN Form to the Huxley Internship Program Advisor.
- Huxley Staff transfers file to Huxley’s Internship Report web server (requires a WWU Login)