Huxley College of the Environment now requires that all Senior THESIS be submitted in a digital (.pdf) format. Completed reports are available on the Huxley Internship Report server along with Huxley student Internship and Senior Project Reports (accessible to Western students, faculty and staff only). Students are required to create a digital signature page to be included in the .pdf file, as outlined below.
Senior Thesis credits are assigned a 498a course number for registration, which require an override code from the faculty. The Senior Thesis should be similar to a graduate level Thesis in style and format, however it can be slightly less formal.
Student/Faculty Steps for SENIOR THESIS REPORTS
- Student completes written Senior Thesis (with Faculty advising)
- Student create and print a Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page
- Student signs Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page
- Faculty signs Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page
- Student scans Cover/Disclaimer/Signature Page (w/student and faculty signatures)
- Student adds scanned Cover/Disclaimer/Signature page (as a graphic) to their report
- Cover/Disclaimer/Signature should be the first page of their Project Report
- Student saves the entire document as a .pdf file
Naming convention: Year_Student’sLastName_Agency/location_Topic (e.g. 2009_Einstein_DOE_UnifiedTheory or 2010_Thoreau_WaldonPond_SimpleLiving)
- Student delivers digital .pdf file (with scanned signature page) to instructor
- Instructor reads/approves/accepts final Senior Thesis
- Instructor transfers .pdf files to Huxley College folder on the P:/ drive (same folder as the Internship Reports): P:\Huxley\PUBLIC_folders\COLLEGE_OFFICE\Intern_Reports
- Huxley Staff transfers file to Huxley’s Internship (and Senior Project) Report web server (requires a WWU login)